Personal effects can be enter to UK free of custom duty if they  been used by the owner for more then 6 month in his home.
Goods must use only by their owner in the UK.

All UK custom forms (C-3) must be compplete by the owner and provide along with his inventory list and color copy of his passport photo I.D. page.

All alcohol cigars, tobacco, spirits and goods that are used less than 6 month must be declared and can be subject for custom duty.